9.11.12

NaNoWriMo Day #9

If I weren't doing NaNo right now, I probably would never have written this novel.

It's not that I wouldn't be writing right now, it's just that I would be editing my previous works, preventing myself from committing to anything new.

Instead, I have passed the official half-way mark of 25K words. *insert cheer here*

What I've learned so far: 
It's amazing what you can do when you set your mind to it. 

It's refreshing to not worry about grammar or content or if this scene works or if this character is well-developed enough to write yet, but just to get the words out.

It'll be a rough first draft because of not worrying about the above, but it will have promise. Even if I hate 99% of it, there might be one sentence that stands out, one moment in time where my muse visited me and gave me the right words at the right time. 

It's all of this which I write for. Those moments, those words.


No comments:

Post a Comment