5.11.12

NaNoWriMo Day #5

I feel as though I've already hit my NaNo wall, and I'm not sure why.

Yesterday I was feeling oddly thrilled with where this novel was going, how the voice of my main character had come out, and the conflicts that had already occurred. Things were smooth sailing.

Then today. 

I had a busy morning so I didn't have any time to write, but even when I did have moments, I didn't have the words.

Instead, I found myself thinking about what I might write, about where I might want to take this story, how I might want to get to the end. Indeed, if I even knew what the end was. But for all the thinking I've done today, I still don't have many answers.

I must confess: I'm disappointed with what I've accomplished today. Although I've written my goal word count, I don't feel like it advances the plot (if I even know what it is yet), and if these scenes stay in this novel in any way, they'll probably require being moved to a much later point in the story.

But they're written. I haven't let writer's block prevent me from putting words on the page, and that's the most important thing.

That's what NaNoWriMo is all about: getting the words out. 

So they're coming out. Some days are just slower than others, in both plot and word count.

Word count to date: 12,016
Word goal to date: 8335

No comments:

Post a Comment