1.1.13

Aspirations for 2013 (WEverb#12)

It's 2013! Here's hoping that 2013 is a more peaceful, restorative, and inspiring year than 2012.

Without further ado, I'll finish up my #WEverb12 today. December got much busier than I anticipated, so I had to pick and choose which prompts to answer. Travel, holidays and other things just got in the way of my irregular blogging. 

So, Day 31's prompt:

31: aspire [GROW]
What is your biggest aspiration for 2013?

This one is superbly easy for me. Obviously, I want to write and I would love to be a published author. Therefore, my biggest aspiration would be to find myself an agent and get going on the road to publication.

Of course, every time I look at my novel-in-progress, I throw up my hands in despair and just want to walk away. Honest-to-goodness, I love it, but it's a scourge upon my existence.

How can I feel that way? Well, I've been working on this particular novel off and on since 2008.

Yikes. It's really been that long. Of course, only the past three years have I been seriously embarking on quality writing and revisions. Prior to that, it was a story that I began as an act of escapism. One of those novels which I wrote during college classes when I should have been taking notes.

Funny, but that's how I always used to write. Now that I'm out of college, I've become more serious about my writing, and this includes thinking about plot and plot holes, characters and characterization, as well as general readability and, lately, outlining. I suppose if I want to be published, someone other than myself needs to want to read what I wrote.

So, by far, my biggest, most looming, absolutely most frightening goal for 2013 is to finish my novel in progress. And I mean really finish it--so that I'm happy with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment