12 Things I Learned During NaNoWriMo 2012
1. NaNo is not about quality, but quantity.
2. There's no time for writer's block.
3. Coffee only gets you so far.
4. Life WILL get in the way.
5. Setting reasonable goals makes progress seem attainable.
6. Turn off the Internet.
7. Do NOT delete a word. (Just strike thorough it, and it'll still be counted when you validate your novel on November 30th.)
8. Prepare ahead of time.
9. Write now, research later.
10. Do NOT allow yourself to go back and edit.
11. Take notes of changes or ideas that occur to you throughout the month. (You will forget them if you don't.)
12. Never, ever, give up. Even if you're 10,000 words behind on November 30th, a 10,000 day can happen!